Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Here I go!

So how to begin this kind of journey? Thank god for Wikipedia. People are normally wondering what did we do before Internet, but I'm actually wondering how did we find any information before Wikipedia. It's just so nicely packed in one simple portal. Now I just searched Wikipedia and found a "Portal:Industrial music". Quite nice place to start this voyage. So just did some browsing and now I have a list of bands (actually 470 different band names) that I'll start checking. And the existence of Spotify enables me to explore this world quite nice way.

Many familiar names already on that list of course, but loooooooooots of never heard names also, who the fuck are Aetherfx, Bahntier, Colab, Genkaku Allergy, Mariae Nascenti, Novy Svet, Radio Kuolema (must be Finnish, but still never heard), Sol Invictus, The Cassandra Complex or Vampire State Building. Well anyway that's suppose to be the whole point in here, to find out new bands, styles, sounds and just something interesting.

I'll try many different styles of industrial related bands. Goth, metal, electro, pop, ebm, ambient, rock and even hip hop (I think hip hop is not that far from this industrial anyway, listen to Dälek if you disagree). So anything will go if it's even remotely attached to industrial, no matter what the subgenre is.

Here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment